Natalie

Natalie

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy

I DID IT!!!

On Saturday December 10th, I graduated from Pacific Lutheran University with my Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy. It still hasn't set in...

It feels like I'm on a break and in no time will be back in classes. But it isn't so! This is the first time I've graduated and don't have more school to look forward to...when I graduated high school, I knew I was headed to TCC...when I graduated TCC, I knew I was going to UW...when I graduated UW, I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I was going back...AND NOW, I graduated PLU and...

I will not be getting my PhD! Well as of now, that is...

I've become accustomed to being a student...YIKES! What to do now...the opportunities are endless! Thank goodness my career in Marriage and Family Therapy will require continuing education, so I do have something to look forward to!

There are so many highlights from my program at PLU and I would love to share all of those, however, I will probably do that in another blog on another day! I am truly thankful for the chance to go to graduate school. I read that only 6-8% of Americans have Master Degrees. WOW! I am part of that small percent and it feels great (the paying back the loan part is a whole other story, though...YIKES).

I am extremely grateful for my family and friends that supported me through this process. I definitely couldn't have done it without being encouraged along the way. I loved celebrating after my ceremony and am so thankful to everyone who stopped by. Here's a few pics...

Best husband ever! Thanks for being so supportive!
Mom and Popo!
John and Janis
With my professors! They are wonderful!
My wonderful professors and classmates!
Waiting to be hooded...
BEING HOODED!
After getting my hood! Feeling so accomplished!
Chels!
 Sis and Bro - and Ty who didn't want to look!
Ann and Missy
Wonderful Ariel! Couldn't have made it through the program without her!
 Time to party...and EAT!
 It was so fun having everyone come and celebrate!
The AWESOME PLU cupcakes Joe made!

No comments:

Post a Comment