Natalie

Natalie

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marathon Training Round 2

Yep, I'm doing it again! Running 26.2 miles once just didn't seem like enough, so I'm trying my hand (or I should say "feet") at it again. I decided that while I'm still young and not encountering any limb issues, now's my chance. While I can't say running for almost 5 hours straight is fun, per say, I can say that there is no other feeling like crossing the finish line and knowing I just accomplished 26.2 miles. It's something many people can't or won't ever experience. But, I've done it once, and I'm doing it again. I hope it feels just as good the second time!

My training plan started last week and went okay. Unfortunately, I have a cold. So with my body telling me to rest and my training plan telling me to run, it makes for a rough week. But here we are, on to week two and things are shaping up for the better. My first 10 mile run is this Saturday. Route is mapped, running buddy is booked, and mental status is excited! We shall see.

Here's a funny video about a marathon running. This cracked me up because a lot of the responses from both the non-runner and the marathon trainee in this video are realistic and are often similar comments I hear when I tell people I'm running a marathon! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5MHsO-JI8&feature=email

No comments:

Post a Comment