Natalie

Natalie

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring (not so break-ish) Break

Today was the first day of my Spring Break...or...as I'm calling it my Spring "not so break-ish" Break. Most of the time when people think of Spring Break they think of a whole week off, possible vacations, sleeping in, etc...WELL, my Spring Break does not include any of that! The joys of Grad School continue and even though I'm on Spring Break from class, everything else goes on. As I was sitting here complaining that this "doesn't really feel like a break" week and dwelling on the fact that I'd much rather be on the beach in Hawaii having a "real" Spring Break, my ever so positive thinking husband helped bring me back to reality, reminding me that this week IS INDEED better than my "normal weeks" and that I do have reasons to be thankful for this Spring Break. First, he pointed out that I don't have class. Even though class is one day during the week, I suppose it's nice to have that one day off! Plus, I'm having my long overdue eye appointment that day and a haircut! Secondly, he pointed out that I will be home by 6pm everyday which is a change from my consistently being home at 8:30 or 9pm. Thirdly, he pointed out that I'm still getting internship hours this week which gets me another step closer to finishing my hours.

Whew, thank goodness for him pointing out these things!! It helps put things more in perspective and I suppose my Spring "not so break-ish" Break does have some benefits. AND I just realized I may actually be able to Blog more this week - so there we go...that's just another benefit! And on top of everything else THERE'S NO READING THIS WEEK!! That's the best part of all...

So now that I've processed my thoughts I suppose I will change my saying to Spring (be thankful for what I get) Break. And there we have it...I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment